New Year's Eve performance at the Lake Club - 31 Dec 2009

It was an awesome double Elvis performances at the Lake Club on New Year's Eve 2009.
I was the main entertainer at 2 venues - The Banquet Hall & The Orchid.

The Banquet Hall on the 2nd Floor is the main hall hosting about 40 tables, while The Orchid is a smaller hall of about 25 tables but with a more cosy atmosphere. My performances featured an Elvis segment, followed by a variety segment of various retro songs, including a Cantonese song from my debut Cantonese album, and 'Getaran Jiwa' by P. Ramlee.

The Banquet Hall had an amusing crowd. During an interaction segment, a Caucasian gentleman commented that I had a cute butt (???) Our spontaneous jokes and funny lines had everyone in stitches. Among the crowd, I saw some familiar faces. One loyal fan is none other than Dr. Robert. He has been attending most of my shows over the years, from the Ol Skool Pub to Bangsar Actors Studio and even at Lake Club events. Thank you, Dr. Robert!
Having finished my performance at the Banquet Hall, I proceeded to The Orchid, as the guests there were eagerly waiting for my performance.

While the dresscode for The Orchid is black tie/formal, the guests here were more 'happening'. They sang and clapped to all my songs, and one guest in particular, Doreena, who is an expat, did not hesistate to dance along with me to 'Blue Suede Shoes'. My performance was extended with an encore of 3 songs, ending with Jailhouse Rock.
Compliments from the floor ensued, and admittedly, it was one of the best performances I've had in my years of Elvis impersonation - the crowd was just so delighted & encouraging, it just makes me want to sing more & more. Moments later, we did the New Year countdown and the guests partied on...

It was a successful double performances at the Lake Club. Judging from the audience' response, there shall be more opportunities to sing at the Lake Club again. To all the guests at both venues, thank you so much for making it an unforgettable New Year's Eve for me. To the management of Lake Club, thank you for the honour to perform at your esteemed club, and making all the necessary arrangements for me. Wishing all of you a Prosperous New Year, with good health, inner peace & happiness always. God bless you!


At the Banquet Hall




My second (variety) segment at The Banquet Hall.







My subsequent performance at The Orchid.




No comments: