7 Aug 2013: Mega birthday bash at Kinta Riverview Hotel


It was an unusually special gala dinner on the occasion of Datuk Koay's birthday, filled with superstars. You name it - Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, P Ramlee, Teresa Teng, Anita Mui, Psy, Cliff Richard and Elvis Presley. The theme ranged from 50s to 90s and the current decade. 

Another unusual thing was the request for me to perform 2 Cliff Richard songs after my Elvis set. And so I took it up and did my rendition of 'Summer Holiday' and a special request by the host,  'Congratulations'.


Reputed with having the biggest pillar-less ballroom in Ipoh, Kinta Riverview Hotel is the ideal venue to host the sea of guests, accommodating 100 tables easily.






My performance as Cliff Richard :)




 With Jordan Sam as MJ, along with Teresa Teng and Anita Mui impersonators. We had the honour of singing 'Happy Birthday' for the cake cutting ceremony at the end of the event.



Having some fun with retro props outside the ballroom.



 With my wife, Natalie.



  Magnificent view from our room in Kinta Riverview Hotel. 

My appreciation to the event manager, Bonny and excellent team from Big Bash Events for an unforgettable evening with Datuk Koay and guests. 

No comments: