17 Aug 2013 : The Elvis Tribute Show by Alex Wong - live in Genting

The highly anticipated 'Elvis Tribute Show by Alex Wong' has been my top event in my annual agenda. With its inception and debut in 2008 as a special event open to the public, it has garnered tremendous support over the years. For the 3rd consecutive year, my 2013 show was held at The Patio in Genting First World.

The challenge is to out-do myself with a fresh ideas and lasting impression year after year. Past 2 years were great, and unquestionably creates a higher expectation to be even better this year.

For a Saturday night at 11 PM, The Patio is the place to be. Expectedly, it was a full house crowd eagerly waiting for my performance. With a solid 90 minutes show and a break in between, it lasted beyond 2 AM, with a persistent strong crowd to the end. 

A surprise element for my second set was emerging from the store room and getting on to the bar table rocking the house while rendering 'Suspicious Minds'.  


In my black suit for my first set. Notice the by-standers catching the show at the back of the stage.



 My second set in the Aloha Eagle suit. 



The cheering and applause of the crowd, with compliments from the management for yet another excellent show is music to my ears. I officially ended my show with an encore session of 'Jailhouse Rock', 'Are you lonesome tonight', 'Doing the best I can' and lastly, 'If I can dream'.

Much appreciation to my fans and supporters and the management of The Patio for making it a successful event for me. I thank God for being with me through the planning stage with fresh ideas, practices and choreography rehearsals at home, and most importantly, doing exceptionally well for my ultimate 'examination'. Words can't describe the joy and satisfaction after the show ended.





Looking forward to many more live shows in Genting. Let's keep on Rockin' and Rollin'. Cheers ~

No comments: