18 Aug 2013 : Elvis Marathon at Ol' Skool pub, PJ

Fresh from my live show in Genting the night before, I was the opening act for the bi-annual Elvis Marathon event at Ol' Skool pub in Petaling Jaya. The event commenced from 3 PM, all the way until 3 AM the next day.

Promo article featured in The Star prior to the event


Backing me as the live band was none other than The Strangers, headed by drummer boy and my buddy, Jesse. The crowd started to build up at 2 PM and was soon at full house capacity. The other good news was that the local press reporters were present to witness my act, followed by multiple interview sessions.


I was utterly thankful to the owner of Ol' Skool, Calvin for organizing such an amazing event. During the event, Calvin informed me that 1 of the key performers didn't show up and was uncontactable for days. I felt sorry for Calvin, and thought that the least I could do was to fill up a short session before I leave.
And so I sang 2 more songs, 'Doing the best I can' and 'If I can dream', much to the delight of the Elvis fans present.







Just when I thought that it was the end of another wonderful event. It led to another sensational event. News of our Elvis Marathon caught the attention of a local TV network. We were cordially invited for an exclusive interview at the NTV7 Breakfast Show - an experience that rarely comes around....


Posing with vintage cars for the occasion


With Eddie Francis, legendary Elvis Impersonator 


With my buddy ETAs Aziz Presley and HT Long


The full page article published in Nanyang Siangpau. How many photos of me can you spot?

Just when I thought that it was the end of another wonderful event. It led to another sensational event. News of our Elvis Marathon caught the attention of a local TV network. We were cordially invited for an exclusive interview at the NTV7 Breakfast Show - an experience that rarely comes around....to be continued.

No comments: