Boehringer Ingleheim - Rockers Nite : Hard Rock Hotel Penang 15 Jan 2010

Following my performance in December 2009 for Federal Express at Hard Rock Hotel Penang, we plan to take the kids there on our own for a holiday, as they would love the huge water slides and splash park.

It was indeed a true blessing for us to have another performance request on 15 Jan 2010 for Boehringer Ingleheim, a German-based pharmaceutical company, that ranks among the top 20 in the world. What's more, the air-tickets for me & my family were sponsored, along with a food & accomodation at the esteemed Hard Rock Hotel Penang. Arriving at the airport, I met my correspondent, holding up a notice with my name, and was subsequently ushered to a Toyota Estima, heading towards the hotel. What a superstar treatment...I could get used to this kind of lifestyle :)

Collaborating with me as the Emcee for the evening was none other than the local TV/Radio personality, Serena C. Serena started as a radio announcer in Hitz.fm and her popularity over the years made her a regular local celebrity seen in many high class functions for the rich & famous.



The setting at the Hall of Fame with the 'Rockers Nite' theme had banners of Icons such as Marilyn Manson, Lady Gaga & Adam Lambert.



Props outside the hall included 3 Harley Davidson bikes, which were later used as the opening act where the bikers convoy rode into the hall with the MD for Malaysia & Singapore, Mr. Mark Langston.







With the crowd already in a rockin' mood, my Elvis performance turned them even wilder as I started with a bang, rendering 'Hound Dog'. I had to be careful singing 'Wooden Heart' as the song was partly in German, since the Corporation is after all, German-based :)

There was tremendous response from the crowd as I crooned 'Can't Help Falling In Love', much to their delight, that they started to sing along with me for the entire song.


My finale act was 'Burning Love', which was after I had invited the crowd to join me on the dance floor. Many of them gladly filled up the dance floor, and with that, my performance ended with another bang...



Me posing with Mr. Mark Langston, dressed perfectly to the Rockers Nite' theme.








Meanwhile, back in our room, Bradley & Brandel were fast asleep, as they were probably exhausted from all the slide rides & water fun in the afternoon.



The next day, we had a nice lunch at Hard Rock Cafe, before flying back to Kuala Lumpur.
All in all, it was a very enjoyable sponsored trip for us. Hope to be back in Hard Rock Hotel again soon...






















No comments: