Opening act for Elvis Marathon at Ol' Skool pub - 16 Aug 2009

Elvis is "alive" in Malaysia…through 18 Impersonators
By Teodora S. Cotrău

There was an awesome Elvis marathon on 16 Aug 2009 at Ol' Skool pub, Jalan Gasing.
I was the opening act, backed by 'The Strangers'. This is the best band in KL that plays instrumental hits by 'The Shadows'. Instead of the usual jumpsuit outfit, I wore an Elvis 60's gold jacket and performed hits like 'Hound Dog', 'Devil In Disguise', 'Can't Help Falling In Love'.




Excerpt from article :
"...And it’s amazing how during the show, I discover his belief on all impersonators’ lips. “He is God’s miracle. I think when you serve God as worship leader as I do, I believe that I’m tithing my talent…” opines Alex Wong, 33 years old, one of the participants. His faith drew him to success. On 2002, he won the First Prize to Graceland at Elvis Impersonators Competition organized across Malaysia. “I remember like it was yesterday, the day when I call the radio station who organized the show at that time to register myself. But before doing this, I prayed. I just wanted to give a try. God’s response was such an amazing surprise. Despite the amount of impersonators willing to take part into the competition, I was the first one on the line and eventually the first on stage”…added Alex. "



http://octavian.intercer.org/article.php?id=342






A big thank you to Calvin, the pub owner, for organizing this event. Also, to all who enjoyed my performance there, thank you so much for your warm support and singing along to 'It's Now Or Never' with me. Cheers!

No comments: