Special article featured in Guang Ming Daily : 6 Oct 2011

Following my performance at the Elvis event at Ol' Skool pub in August 2011, I was invited for a personal interview by Chau Yueh Shyang, the renowned professional reporter from Guang Ming Daily.

Chau is a friendly & down-to-earth person, and made me feel very comfortable during the interview, which seemed more like a casual chat with a long lost friend.

Among topics covered were how I became an Elvis Tribute Artiste; and people who inspired & supported me to realize my dream.

I also shared about my wedding day which falls on 1 May (some years back), which was coincidentally the actual wedding day of Elvis & Priscilla in 1967. I chose the day because I would get a day off for my anniversary, not knowing about its related significance until I became an Elvis Tribute Artiste a year into my marriage.

Another special incident occurred at the birth of my second son, Brandel. At the operation theater, the doctor had a CD of evergreen songs on the player. Right at the moment of delivery, along came the song "It's now or never",on the dot precisely.... My wife & I looked at each other and smiled with a 'hidden connection' - that song was the opening song for my performances back then. Hmm....another Elvis in the making...?

For the photo session after the interview, I took out my Elvis props - framed giant poster, postcards & memorabilia items I bought from Graceland, Elvis vinyl records, T-shirts, my prized Elvis trophy etc.

It was a great experience for me, and a truly enjoyable meeting with Chau. A big thanks to Chau, for the impressive article with center-page glamour pic.



The photographer at work, with Chau looking on.



Me & my Elvis collection




Me with Chau & photographer from Guang Ming Daily.




The published article with excellent write-up.


Online version :


No comments: